Almond and Apricot Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Tropicana Pure Premium® Orange Juice , warmed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) each chopped dried apricots and dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) all‑purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Large Flake Quaker® Oats
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each baking powder and baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped natural almonds
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 13‑ x 9‑inch (3.5 L) baking pan with parchment paper or grease well. Soak apricots and cranberries in warm orange juice for about 10 minutes or until softened. Strain and reserve juice.
- Meanwhile, beat together butter, brown sugar, reserved orange juice and egg. Stir together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in apricots, cranberries and almonds; stir into butter mixture..
- Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until firm; let cool in pan for 1 hour. Cut into bars; let cool completely.
- Tip: Replace almonds with walnuts if desired.
- Tip: Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.
Serving Size: 63 g
|Amount per serving % Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||110|
|Total Fat||12 g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat||5 g||25 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Cholesterol||30 mg||10 %|
|Sodium||160 mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate||30 mg||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||8 %|
|Vitamin A||6 %|
|Vitamin C||4 %|