Orange Crepes with Whipped Cream and Berries
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Tropicana Pure Premium® Orange Juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) all‑purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh or frozen mixed berries (such as raspberries, strawberries and blueberries)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Tropicana® Pure Premium Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) icing sugar (approx.)
How to make it
- In blender, blend orange juice, eggs and milk. Add flour, sugar, salt and 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter; blend until combined. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat 10‑inch (25 cm) skillet over medium heat; brush with some of the remaining butter. Pour 1/4 cup (60 mL) batter into pan, swirling pan to coat. Cook for about 1 minute or until edges are golden; turn and cook for 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more butter as needed.
- Topping: Combine berries and sugar in heavy‑bottom saucepan set over medium‑high heat. Whisk orange juice with cornstarch until smooth; stir into berry mixture. Bring to boil, stirring often. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves completely and mixture has thickened.
- Whip cream with icing sugar to stiff peaks. Dollop onto crepes; fold crepes into quarters. Top with berry mixture and dust with icing sugar (if using)..
- Tip: To keep crepes from sticking to each other, layer strips of parchment or waxed paper in between them.
Serving Size: 280 g
|Amount per serving % Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||230|
|Total Fat||25 g||38 %|
|Saturated Fat||15 g||75 %|
|Trans Fat||0.5 g|
|Cholesterol||170 mg||57 %|
|Sodium||200 mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate||54 g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g||12 %|
|Vitamin A||20 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|