Orange Poppy Seed Loaf
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Tropicana Pure Premium® Orange Juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain 2% yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) all‑purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) poppy seeds
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Tropicana® Pure Premium Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) vanilla
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line 9‑ x 5‑inch (2 L) loaf pan or grease well.
- In large bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until blended. In separate bowl, stir orange juice with yogurt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together all‑purpose flour, whole wheat flour, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture alternately with orange juice mixture.
- Scrape into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 65 to 75 minutes or until tester inserted into centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; let cool completely.
- Glaze: Stir together orange juice, icing sugar and vanilla. Drizzle over loaf; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Tip: Garnish the cake with candied orange peel on top if desired.
Serving Size: 96 g
|Amount per serving% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||150|
|Total Fat||17 g||26 %|
|Saturated Fat||10 g||50 %|
|Trans Fat||0.5 g|
|Cholesterol||90 mg||30 %|
|Sodium||170 mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate||43 g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||14 %|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||4 %|