Breakfast Quinoa with Blueberries and Almonds
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Tropicana Pure Premium® Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) quinoa
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- Pinch each salt and ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) blueberries
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain 2% yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sliced natural almonds, toasted
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
How to make it
- Heat orange juice, 1/4 cup (60 mL) water, quinoa, honey, vanilla, salt and cinnamon in saucepan set over medium heat; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Remove from heat; let stand for 3 minutes. Fluff with a fork; divide between two bowls.
- Topping: Top each bowl with blueberries, yogurt and almonds; drizzle with honey.
- Tip: Replace almonds with toasted flaked coconut and honey with maple syrup if desired.
- Tip: Serve with coconut milk yogurt or non‑dairy yogurt for a vegan alternative.
Serving Size: 230 g
|Amount per serving% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||50|
|Total Fat||5 g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g||3 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Cholesterol||5 mg||2 %|
|Sodium||120 mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate||43 g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g||12 %|
|Vitamin A||2 %|
|Vitamin C||45 %|