Chocolate Orange Protein Balls
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Tropicana Pure Premium® Orange Juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) pitted Medjool dates
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Large Flake Quaker® Oats
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened shredded toasted coconut, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cocoa powder
How to make it
- Soak dates in hot water for about 10 minutes or until softened; drain and squeeze to release excess moisture. Set aside.
- Add oats to food processor; pulse until coarsely ground. Add walnuts, 1/4 cup (60 mL) coconut, and cocoa powder; pulse until finely ground.
- Add dates and orange juice; process until mixture comes together into a ball, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Roll mixture into 1‑inch (2.5 cm) balls and coat with remaining coconut.
- Place on parchment paper–lined tray; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
Serving Size: 32 g
|Amount per serving% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||30|
|Total Fat||3 g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g||8 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Cholesterol||0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium||0 mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||8 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||4 %|