Cranberry Goat Cheese Puffs
- 1 pkg (450 g) pre‑rolled puff pastry sheets (2 sheets)
- 4 oz (120 g) goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- Cranberry Sauce:
- 1 cup (250 mL) Tropicana ® Cranberry Cocktail
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
How to make it
- Cranberry Sauce: Combine cranberry cocktail, cranberries, sugar, cinnamon stick and thyme in small saucepan set over medium heat; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until cranberries pop and sauce thickens. Remove cinnamon stick and thyme; let cool.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease mini muffin tin.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet to 12‑inch (30 cm) square; prick all over with fork. Using 2 1/2‑inch (6 cm) cutter, cut each sheet of pastry into 12 rounds.
- Fit each pastry round into prepared muffin cup. Top with 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cranberry sauce and crumbled goat cheese. Sprinkle with chopped thyme. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until pastry is golden; drizzle with honey.
Serving Size: 100 g
|Amount per serving% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||160|
|Total Fat||18 g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat||4 g||20 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Cholesterol||10 mg||3 %|
|Sodium||150 mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate||36 g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||8 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||10 %|